Holiday Shopping Tips
It’s the beginning of November and the holiday shopping season is already in effect. I like to gather my shopping lists and tackle the bulk of my shopping in advance. One of our customers’ called in and asked me for suggestions of what jewelry he should consider getting for his mom this holiday. Being a jewelry enthusiast, I offered him my best advice. Below are my recommendations for the best jewelry gifts to give mom this holiday season:
- The most timeless piece of jewelry you can get your mom is a set of diamond stud earrings. Choose a classic three or four prong diamond stud, or something more elaborate like a designer diamond stud. She will probably want to wear them over and over again, because they are a simple accessory that adds a lot of sparkle.
- Birthstone Jewelry is personal and very special. Choose a gemstone bracelet or gemstone pendant in the gemstone of her birth month. I guarantee this is an item she will want to wear year round.
- Say “I love you” with a beautiful diamond heart pendant. Choose one that matches her preference for metal type. If she wears a pair of 14k yellow gold earrings, get a yellow gold diamond pendant that will coordinate perfectly. It will remind her of you as it stays close to the heart.
- If your mom has an eye for style, I suggest getting an elegant gold or platinum bangle. You can choose to have a bangle with diamonds or without. Either way, it is a daily accessory that can be easily put on along with a watch.
- A classic tennis bracelet may be the perfect gift. It is probably not something she would buy for herself but would love to have. Go for a 3-5 carat diamond tennis bracelet for something that she would wear everyday and something larger in total diamond weight for special occasions!